Tuesday, August 4, 2009

9. Donate to a charity AND 27. Run 3 miles

Two more items off my list! Saturday, I ran my very first 5K! My best friend Suzanne told me back in March that I should run the Lady Fleet Feet Distance Classic with her so that I could acheive my goal or running 3 miles. I honestly did not think I would be able to run the whole thing - the most I had run up to that day was 2.1 miles just 6 days before the race. AND, my time was not good when I ran the 2.1 miles, but I wasn't concerned about how long it would take me to finish the race, I just wanted to be able to run the entire thing! I did it! I never once walked and I completed the race in a lot shorter of a time than I expected. If it wasn't for Suzanne though, I don't think I would have done that well. Thanks so much Suzanne for inspiring me to run the race and for your encouragement. Who would have thought that the two of us would ever run anything!
Not the best picture, but I had to post one! This is after the race!

All the money donated to the race went to Cincinnati Children's Hopsital Cervical Cancer research. It was perfect because when I decided back in January that I wanted to donate to a charity I had Cincinnati Children's Hospital in mind so I'm very happy the money went there!

2 comments:

Jason and Carrie said...

Hooray! That is so great... and once again, I am jealous... wish I had your determination!

suzy said...

You did it all yourself don't be giving me credit!! I am very proud of you, and can you believe it was even FUN! :)